Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restoration of M29C 40196191

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Front Float tank continued more work
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #77
      Starting to take shape. Fitting and aligning the surf shield
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #78
        Front Float tank continued - I left the lower area of the tank open to allow the sandblaster access and to paint it after sandblasting.
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #79
          I then welded the remaining repair panels in place
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #80
            I had some repair work to do on the windscreen frame. In the past the top hooks for want of a better word had been removed as well as the top canvas hood retaining clips. I had a trashed/rusted out windscreen frame as a spare so I cannibalised it for the parts needed to restore my original frame. All that needs to be done now is sand blasting and painting. I have new sheets of safety glass cut and ready to fit and I purchased at great expense years ago from Patsons parts in Alaska NOS rubber extrusion to support the glass.
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • #81
              It was time to refurbish the windscreen wiper motors. I purchased a NOS wiper motor back in 1999 to compliment the lone wiper motor that came with my weasel. What I found was that the lubricant grease had gone hard in the tiny worm and worm wheel drive boxes which meant that both motors had to be dismantled. The original wiper motor from my weasel also had some corrosion to deal with as well. Attached are a series of photos that tell the story.
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #82
                Here are photos showing the hardware that I made to allow sandblasting and priming of the individual motor assemblies.
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #83
                  Cleaning the worm drive. I also drew a worm drive cover gasket up in CAD which in turn Steve cut out for me on his CNC gasket/paper cutter. The green gasket in the photo was hand cut and the white gasket shown in the last photo was CNC cut. I am happy with both.
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    I made a little tool, to allow me to bead blast and prime the instrument panel gauges. I also got some help from my electronic gurus at work to test my fuel gauge and sender. I will be running an additional earth wire from the sender to the fuel gauge.
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      I could not resist the temptation. Not original but it looks good. Bright red topped NOS engine oil dipstick.
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        I had a set of stencils made by https://www.axholmesigns.co.uk/
                        Attached is the proof copy prior to printing. The Letterkenny Ord instructions will be applied in Black paint as per the photo below and the original paint colour found on the float tanks. I also found a Letterkenny rebuild tag on the bulkhead behind the driver. I will put it back in place.
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          I have made some special tools to make life easier when I come to assemble my weasel. Attached are photos of the outer hub seal installation tool and the bogey wheel seal installation tool. The last photo shows a tool I made to prevent damage to the idler swing arm bearings during sandblasting and painting.
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Thanks to the help (drawing and photographs) from M29C 3284, I was able to make a fuel pump heat for my engine. The attached photo is the heat shield fitted to M29C 3284's engine.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Attached is a photo of the MacMaster Carr https://www.mcmaster.com/7910k12 fuel cock fitted to my fuel filter and is very similar to the OEM fuel cock. The stainless steel pipe/tube fittings are for the 316 stainless steel tubing that I am using in the lower hull areas to withstand the corrosion.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Bogey wheel shafts have had their threads chased, shaft polished then bead blasted and primed in readiness for assembly.
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X